An academic advisory service is available to students on a year-round basis. The function of an Academic Advisor is to assist students in selecting a program of study in accordance with their individual aptitudes and career objectives which will lead to a D.E.C. (Diplôme des Études Collégiales). Academic Advisors also inform the students about prerequisites for admission to university programs. Academic Advisors are available during the registration period to assist students in their course selection and to answer any questions students might have regarding their profiles and/or programs. Throughout the year, the Academic Advisors are available for consultation in any of the following areas:
- Academic standing
- Change of program
- Course Commandites (permission to study at another Cégep)
- Course adjustment
- Course load
- Course selection
- Extra course requests
- Graduate evaluation
- Scholarship applications
- Summer school courses
- University application forms
- University information sessions
Direct contact is maintained with Quebec’s Anglophone and Francophone universities and universities across Canada and the U.S. Therefore, Academic Advisors are able to assist students in selecting CEGEP courses that will meet the prerequisites for admission to university programs across Canada and the U.S.
Zoom Meeting with an Academic Advisor
- With an appointment, students can virtually meet with an Academic Advisor on: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Students must make a Zoom appointment directly on their Omnivox account.
- Wednesdays are Zoom drop-in days: Students can virtually meet with an Academic Advisor without an appointment on Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Students can find the Zoom drop-in link on their Omnivox account under “News Items”.
- Alex Borja: email@example.com (450-672-7360 ext. 3316)
- Isabelle Lacombe: firstname.lastname@example.org (450-672-7360 ext. 3440)
- Dayle Lesperance: email@example.com (450-672-7360 ext. 3349)
- Kevin Thornhill: firstname.lastname@example.org (450-672-7360 ext. 3321)
Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor on your Omnivox account, you can also send your question by MIO to “Academic Advisor”.
For all other questions about Academic Advising, you can call the Registrar’s Office at 450.672.7360 ext. 3256.