About the program:
The World Studies option of the Social Science program is designed to prepare you for university studies with an international focus. It will lead to an understanding of the world’s diverse communities and of the cultural, economic and political implications of achieving closer international relations. The option focuses on building a solid foundation in the social sciences, particularly in world geography, 21st century history, international economics and international politics.
- Develop knowledge and an interest in international affairs and an in-depth understanding of the impact that international forces and events have on humanity and the environment
- Develop the ability to communicate in and about an international context
- Develop the ability to observe, analyze and evaluate international life from an interdisciplinary perspective
- Develop the ability to understand international events and processes in an ethical context
- Develop the ability to work in a team and to appreciate other cultures and value systems
The World Studies option will prove useful to students planning a career in public service, law, journalism, or in those parts of the private sector which have international interests.
You can chose your level I and Level II concentration courses:
- Human Biology (To meet university entrance requirements)
- Mathematics (some restrictions may apply)
Program Grid for World Studies with Math:
Program Grid for World Studies without Math:
March 1st for the Fall Semester
Minimum Admissions Requirements:
Quebec Secondary School Diploma or a level of education that is deemed equivalent by the College.
Prerequisites for World Studies with Math:
Mathematics TS 5 or SN 5