About the program:
The Commerce option of the Social Science program is a 2-year pre-university program for students interested in pursuing careers in commerce, business administration, international business, law, computer science and more. The Commerce option provides students with the required mathematics, business, economics and computer literacy courses required for university admission. The multi disciplinary approach offers students the opportunity to study history, psychology, and at least one other discipline providing the strong social science background sought by universities Students will benefit from working in a team environment fostering academic excellence. An international component will convey an understanding of the impact of culture on commerce and trade in a global market.
Skills acquired in the Commerce option:
Students will learn to:
- Communicate ideas clearly in both written and oral formats
- Work both independently and as a vital member of a group
- Develop strategies to reach short and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive research skills
- Develop managerial skills
- Build confidence and focus on success
Unique features about the program:
- The largest number of students in a specialized option in the Social Science Program at Saint-Lambert
- The first stepping-stone to obtaining a Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Economics degree at university
- Leads to future studies and careers in such areas as Commerce, Economics, Law, Journalism, Engineering, International Business, and Computer Science
Where Commerce at Champlain can Take you:
March 1st for the Fall Semester
November 1st for the Winter Semester
Minimum Admissions Requirements:
Quebec Secondary School Diploma or a level of education that is deemed equivalent by the College.
Mathematics TS 5 or SN 5.