Do you have questions about Champlain’s Nursing program? Our Nursing program is hosting a drop-in Information Session where potential students will have the opportunity to speak with Nursing Faculty and students!
When: Wednesday, February 24th from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85374412585
Meeting ID: 853 7441 2585
About Champlain’s Nursing program: Nursing is a three-year program which blends classroom studies and nursing labs with clinical fieldwork in various hospitals and healthcare facilities. Our mission is to develop graduates who are recognized as outstanding nurses providing compassionate and quality care, focusing on the unique needs of patients and their families.
Students experience a variety of Francophone and Anglophone clinical settings such as emergency, medical and surgical care, pediatrics, maternity, ambulatory care, mental health and gerontology. A DEC in Nursing will provide an opportunity to write the provincial licensing exam in order to begin employment as a registered nurse. Our graduates also have the opportunity to pursue continued studies in the DEC-BAC program with a university in Quebec, such as McGill University, Université de Sherbrooke and Université de Montreal.
What makes our Nursing program unique?
- Small innovative program with all the resources of a large nursing program
- Bilingual program with Francophone and Anglophone clinical settings that meet the needs of today’s society
- Final semester dedicated to reviewing all theoretical and laboratory material to consolidate knowledge and prepare for licensing exam
- Program based on the McGill Model of Nursing with a Strengths-Based Nursing philosophy
- New laboratory facilities and Simulation Centre