Following the directives of Premier François Legault, Champlain College Saint Lambert will be closed for a period of two weeks starting Monday, March 16th, 2020. Champlain College Saint Lambert is doing everything we can to support students during this time. We are in constant contact with the Direction de la santé publique and will continue to update the College community.
We would like remind all members of the community of the following preventative practices in relation to COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, including after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you are sick.
If you think that you have the COVID-19 symptoms, please remain at home and contact CORONAVIRUS Information line at 1-877-644-4545.
- All business travel outside Canada, including attending conferences, will not take place.
- All travel for students outside Canada is also cancelled.
- Students and employees are strongly advised not to leave Canada for any international destination, including the United States, until further notice.
- Leaving the country at this time could put your health at risk
If you have returned from international Travel on or after March 12th
- All students and employees who return from ANY country outside Canada, including the United States, must go into self-isolation for 14 days. This is effective March 12 until further notice from the Quebec Government. If you returned to Quebec before March 12, this does not apply to you. However, those who have returned to Quebec within the last 14 days are asked to carefully monitor their health for 14 days following their return.
- The principles symptoms of COVID-119 are
o Breathing Difficulties
- The symptoms are very similar to that of a cold or of pneumonia.
- If you develop symptoms:
o Stay home
o Call the CORONAVIRUS Information line at 1-877-644-4545 and follow their instructions
References and Sources
- Quebec Government:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: